Thursday, February 08, 2007

The weekly weigh in, week 21

iwas determined to make my Weight Watchers meeting tonight. I missed last week because of the snow, and then one little thing after another interfered in getting to another meeting. That made two weeks in a row, and that was enough to get me scared. I've done great, but I've lost more weight than this before on diets. It's terribly easy to let the discipline slip and not pick it back up again immediately.

In my two weeks away, I had one week of poor eating habits, and in the second, I made another big mistake. Last Wednesday, I left my folder with my food tracker, my points counter and my weekly materials in the office. Weather closed us down Thursday. My knee kept me away on Friday, and well, I just didn't want to go in on the weekend. That was four days without the careful monitoring of portion size and writing down every bite. I did watch my portion sizes. One of the things I enjoy about Weight Watchers are the common sense measurements, comparing sizes as opposed to measuring every ounce. True, some people weigh everything. One of my WW friends even takes her scales to restaurants, but getting that obsessive just wouldn't be right for me. On Monday, I was very relieved to find it and have made a conscious effort to walk the straight and narrow since then.

With two sketchy weeks of food management and one week of virtually no exercise, I was just hoping that I hadn't gained weight. At lunch today, I was looking at my materials, including the graph chart of my weight loss. I thought that in the time I'd been away from meetings that I really should have lost 5 pounds but knew that wouldn't happen. I realized that I'd be happy with just a one pound loss, and when I weighed in, that was exactly what I had lost. It's good enough for me. That brings my total weight loss to 46.2 pounds, an average of 2.2 pounds a week.

, ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Cliff and I agree that any week we're not GAINING is a good week! It's so hard not to nibble, this time of year.

February 09, 2007 4:16 AM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I have been totally stress-eating for the last week. All I want is chocolate and fat! And then it makes me feel sick becuase I'm not used to eating so much of that stuff anymore, so there's no upside to the whole process...

I'm proud of you for losing weight even without journaling....but there's a danger here. You can get too cocky about it, and it's so easy to fall right off the wagon! Been there, done that... :-]

February 09, 2007 10:38 AM  
Blogger more cows than people said...

you have a weight loss graph? wow. good for you for getting back to the meeting, and for a pound down, and for picking back up the discipline after setting it down.

February 09, 2007 12:00 PM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

That is the beauty of the WW program. You can learn to make it a lifestyle without constantly journalling. I'll admit, I could use a good dose of the discipline right now, but when you've got it, it's with you in the back of your mind most of the time.

February 10, 2007 7:58 AM  
Blogger alphawoman said...

Congrats on your continuing determination and discipline. It ain't easy. You should be proud.

February 10, 2007 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the continued success. Maybe you should blog about your program and help the rest of us out! LOL!

February 10, 2007 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home