Thursday, February 08, 2007

Red faced and laughing

long time readers of my blog know that my life has been marked by "wardrobe malfunctions." It's been a long time since I had one, but my weight loss has returned this exceptionally graceless embarrassment to my life. Because I will go through so many sizes, I have not wanted to buy clothes until it was absolutely necessary. I got that sign a few days ago.

The womanchild needed a few more red polo shirts for her job. Her school uniform requires polo shirts without logos, but she only had one red, and that just wouldn't do. The dead of winter isn't the easiest time to find short sleeved shirts, and we had to go to multiple stores. We walked our way through five stores at one strip mall and then had to head to another where we hit five more stores. As we headed into the last store I was willing to try that night, I felt an all too familiar creep. I'd been pulling up the undies all day long, but this was happening just way to fast. About five feet from the front door, in front of about eight people, panties and hose went from where they belong to my ankles in one step.

If that wasn't enough to bring me back to full alertness, the wind and my pleated skirt definitely were. I only saw one choice. I stepped out of my shoes, kicked off the errant undies, stuffed them into my purse and headed into the store.

A chilly, windy winter night will explain a red face, won't it?

wardrobe malfunction

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

It's just your wild unfettered spirit yearning to be free...

February 08, 2007 11:31 AM  
Blogger more cows than people said...

Gosh I love your blog, laughing with this post (with you, dear, with you) and sighing at the next, so grateful for your wisdom. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

February 08, 2007 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Cyn... even in your wardrobe malfunction moments you have more aplomb than I think I manage in my everyday moments - and a finer sense of humor, too. :::hugs::: I loves ya, gal!

February 09, 2007 8:31 PM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

You are something, girl. How did child handle it?? Mine would have refused to claim me as hers.

February 10, 2007 7:54 AM  
Blogger alphawoman said...

Funny funny funny. And you handled it superbly.

February 10, 2007 8:58 AM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Oops! A similar thing happened to my mother once, at Sears. She and I were laughing so hard the tears were pouring out of our eyes. I immortalized the moment in a short story! Cyn, I just love your ability to laugh and go with the flow. (((hugs))))

February 10, 2007 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home