Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Preening

iwoke up late this morning after not being able to sleep well last night. I'm having a bad hair day, and my makeup is nothing more than mascara, which means that every wrinkle, every sunspot, every freckle and every patch of dry skin shows. You'd think I wouldn't be strutting right now, but I am. In a conversation with a group of people ranging from early thirties to mid fifties, the younger ones were surprised that I was a baby boomer. They thought I was closer to their age than to my older friends. I'll confess that a man thinking so pushed my mood a little higher. I'm not in the market, but I've always enjoyed looking. It looks now like some people might be looking back.

OK, the old girl's still got it, and damn, I'm enjoying it today.

age, appearance

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Complimentz iz alwaze nize! You are gaining some balance now. Good.

February 06, 2007 4:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

When I reminded one of my girls (I call my empoyees my girls...does that sound bad?) anyhow...

I reminded her that I was older than her parents. She told me was the youngest fifty-year-old she had ever known. I guess that's a compliment...

February 06, 2007 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a bad day gone great. How far are you from Nashville?

February 07, 2007 6:48 PM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

It really lifts the spirits when you feel like you're barely put together and you get a comment like that. It's the kind of thing they wouldn't say if they didn't mean it!

February 10, 2007 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home