Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Forever


I don't know why this story fascinates me so, but I'm glad they made the decision to leave the skeletons intact. Yes, I'm a romantic. I hope they were lovers who exited this plane together, rather than victims of some ritual sacrifice who clung to each other in fear.

Either way though, I feel like the first words I thought when I saw the picture are appropriate. "What God has brought together, let no man tear asunder."

Even though I asked for this separation, even though I'm the one planning a divorce, I still can't help sighing when I think of those words. Damn it.

skeletons,wedding vows, divorce

9 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

((((Cyn))))

February 13, 2007 5:47 AM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Maybe I AM the perpetual pessimist my dh sometimes claims. When I saw that image for the first time, I immediately thought of something along the ritual sacrifice or condemned to death for adultery angle, and I haven't shaken that.

February 13, 2007 7:41 AM  
Blogger choochoo said...

They look cute together. Well, to the degree that skeletons look cute, that is:)

February 13, 2007 8:39 AM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Ah, Cynthia, this post is so sad. In one of my favorite Neruda poems he writes: "Tonight I can write the saddest lines..."

February 13, 2007 3:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy Valentines Day!
Chris
My Blog

February 13, 2007 7:38 PM  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

I love that image as well. I can only imagine how painful divorce must be. Be blessed~

February 14, 2007 8:20 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

My friend divorce is such a hard thing, people who have not been through it have no idea of what one goes through. I always liken it to a chosen death. Still, sometimes it is the only way. Having said that I think anyone who experiences it feels a loss for a long time.

February 14, 2007 12:56 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

Ahhh Cyn!
I have been away toooo long...
And yes I try to feel the same of this pic as well and not let mind wander...

February 14, 2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger Leonardo A. Guerrera said...

AMazing Love or Amazing Fake?

February 15, 2007 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home