Friday, January 12, 2007

The weekly weigh in, week 17

Anyone who has ever been on a diet knows that some weeks, you really work it, and it's not easy. You stay on the hungry side. You're disciplined about your food and diligent about your exercise. You really, really want the foods you don't need, and the ones you feel like you can eat just don't satisfy. To top off the misery, you feel like you're not losing.

Well, that was me this week. After last week's gain and not having the excuse of a bigger social life because of the holidays, I really wanted to get back on track, and I did. For the first time, being on this diet just sucked. OK, it didn't help that my car went into the shop, came back out and went in again. It didn't help that the womanchild has been sick, the husband a silent, messy, too present pain in the derriere, that work has shifted into hyper-goal oriented mode with an intensity that's edging on manic and that the DSL router has developed PMS. I've been stuck in either the house or the office looking at walls all week. I've just wanted the comfort of eating and sleeping and haven't had either.

The good news is that I was very disciplined. I stuck to my eating plan with my biggest indulgence this week being four pieces of sushi, fried rice, and sauteed green beans at a Chinese buffet (12 points for one meal, that's a lot). I did manage to get in some exercise. When I hit the scales, that feeling that I wasn't losing almost beared out. I lost only .6 pounds, but I lost, and that's what matters. I've got the scale heading in the right direction again, and last night at meeting, one of the other ladies told me that I just looked radiant. Considering that I felt and thought I looked like hammered dung at the time, that just made my day. So, I'm back on track, and despite the two doctor's appointments today, the boss being ticked because I'm out again, a cranky car and a house whose mess is monumental, I'm determined to make it a decent day.

, ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sunflowerkat said...

Staying on track under this kind of pressure...and losing is a success! Good work Cynthia! Be proud!

January 13, 2007 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home