Thursday, January 04, 2007

The weekly weigh in, week 16

I knew this wasn't going to be a good week. For the first time in a long time, I really did some emotional eating. It's a good thing that I'm not buying a lot of junk food, because that is what limited my overindulgence. In another diet program, one of the slogans was HALT. Don't let yourself get too Hungry, too Angry, too Lonely or too Tired before you eat. I got sick of slogans and left that group, but this piece of good advice stuck. I just didn't follow it.

The good part of the week is that I did keep up tracking my food, and I was honest about the points value of what I was eating. I can look and see exactly when and how I blew it, instead of just pretending that I followed the plan and my weight gain had to have another reason. I can honestly say that every week I've had a loss of over five pounds in one week, I've followed the next week with a small gain. This week, I gained 1.8 pounds, bringing my total loss to 37 pounds. I'm still under my big milestone mark, and I still have two points left for the day.

Tonight's meeting was standing room only as a lot of people kicked off their New Year's resolutions by joining Weight Watchers. It will be interesting to see just how long the meetings stay so crowded. All in all, I can't say that I'm thrilled with this week, but it's just a little setback, not a terminal failure. So my weight loss chart won't be a straight line, but it is still going to continue.

, ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I reached my goal last summer (to be under 150) but I still have emotional-eating days. A couple of days ago I found the fudge I had made for Christmas and ate about 8 pieces! Then I was filled with self-loathing. I guess it never gets easy (I dumped the rest of the fudge though).

January 05, 2007 4:56 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Dont stress over a fluctuation here or there, especially over the holidays.

Keep plugging away!

Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

January 05, 2007 8:35 PM  
Blogger Templar said...

I know you can achieve your goals if you just stick at it....remember its a marathon and not a sprint so the odd slip up isn't important

January 05, 2007 11:12 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Yep...the ranks of Weight Watchers really swell in January. Husband and I joined in January of 2004. Meetings are really crowded for about six weeks, then they start to peter out. Generally by midsummer they're as sparse as they'll get for the rest of the year, until the next post-holiday, New Year's Resolution surge.

Hey...1.8# is not a big gain. You are doing great.

January 05, 2007 11:13 PM  
Blogger more cows than people said...

i am a lifetime member, but no meeting nearby and the on-line thing didn't used to seem to be what i needed, but as i'm way above goal now... maybe.

good for you for keeping some perspective, those up weigh-ins can be so hard no matter self-talk you go in with and come out with.

you're right, its still going to continue. hang in there.

wish i had a meeting nearby.

January 05, 2007 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home