Thursday, January 04, 2007

Lesson learned

The womanchild is back at school today, but she has no idea if it's a half day as is normal for the beginning of a semester or a whole day. I'm looking at my first project of the new year wrapping up today, if everything goes well, but I expect to stay pretty late. The car needs a new head gasket, and I think the husband might as well. Until I can get the car fixed, we have two households sharing one vehicle. Somehow, the husband thinks that he can manage this without wearing a watch. In two days, I've had to leave work early, show up early the next, be late for one appointment, cancel another and do my grocery shopping after midnight to accomodate the way time leaks from his brain. It's another example of just what you can get used to because I'm surprised at how calmly things are going. I think I can legitimately say now that I am a recovering perfectionist. Not a bad thing to learn the first week of a new year.


,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lippy said...

Nothing like adding another person to an equation to screw up some perfectly planned time management.

Good luck. Will the husband be getting a head gasket as well?

January 04, 2007 6:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think that there is a fundamental law of relationships that only one person in a relationship can have a sense of time and the other is oblivious to it.

Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

January 05, 2007 8:37 PM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

Dealing with someone who is completely oblivious about time drives me insane. The only way to deal is to get to a point where you can just let it all go...it just can't matter. I think you're there.

January 09, 2007 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home