Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Buckle your seat belts

My prediction of this year being a wild ride started coming true today. My car was in the shop this weekend. I was right about the water pump needing replacement, and I was glad to get my car back yesterday. This morning when I overheated on the country road between my home and my office, I wasn't so thrilled. My cell phone was dead, and after waiting for the engine to cool, I was able to drive back to the edge of town before it overheated again. I had to push the car into the nearest parking lot and call for help from there. This afternoon when I went to get the car back, I found out the mechanic hadn't even started on it yet, but he thinks I might need a new head gasket. Needless to say I'm thrilled.

The bad news is that this was the high point of my day.

Which sounds like the more appropriate response? Hysterical laughter or hysterical tears? I'm too wiped out to choose.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Ack! I hate it when the vehicles go on the fritz. Nowadays, it's so expensive. I feel for you, Cynthia.

January 02, 2007 7:56 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I genereally start out with one and move into the other...

January 02, 2007 8:59 PM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

You didn't mention screaming...

January 04, 2007 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home