Friday, July 21, 2006

Good company

I had company tonight, and not just any company. Let me say that her smile is brilliant, her laugh bubbles up from a deep spring, she really knows how to give and receive a hug and she didn't mind driving to the backside of nowhere to come to my home.

She charmed the womanchild. The husband thought she was a knockout. My cats and dogs liked her, and she even handled it well when I had to work to clear the kitchen of animals to get dinner ready. And despite that my ice cream freezer got cranky and wouldn't freeze the lemon ice cream, she handled my incomplete dinner with grace.

I had one of the best evenings I've had in a long time. We talked about blogging, writing, depression, jobs, families and life with a comfort I rarely feel in meeting someone for the first time.

Oh, she can even attest to the fact that I do wear my hair in a French twist, and that it's a total mess when I take it down.

My guest tonight was Paula Lambert, Author, and I'm still enjoying the glow of this evening. This is a night I'll treasure for a long, long time.

10 Comments:

Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

I had an awesome time, Cynthia! It was so wonderful to meet you, the family (the womanchild!), the animals. Thank you so much for everything--I'm getting ready to post that picture on my blog and send you a copy.

Whoo-hoo! Virtual becomes reality!

July 21, 2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I think I've already been to hr blog, but I'll go take another look-see.

July 21, 2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Isn't Paula such a dear? She has the ability to put you at ease and her enthusiasm is certainly catchy. We worked in the same dept. for some time before becoming friends. I wonder sometimes what took so long. So great that you two got to meet. And, Cynthia, you are gorgeous in the photo.

July 21, 2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

Oh how wonderful! I need to make a point of meeting some of you all! And many live near by...Its all about time, isnt it?
Need to find that...finding someone intriguing and entertaining that can leave one feeling with such a 'glow'....Is worth the time...

Yes...yes...must find...

Glad you had an enjoyable evening!

July 21, 2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger beths front porch said...

I was happy reading this entry, even about the lemon ice cream. Fabulous! Hey, can we all get together?

July 21, 2006 7:25 PM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

Cynthia, I saw the fabulous photo of you two, er I mean the photo of you fabulous two and I'm still smiling from the glow of it.

July 21, 2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Left my comment on Paula's blog! (My two pounds of internet time is about to run out.)

July 22, 2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Isn't it lovely connecting with new friends! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. Wish I could see that gorgeous picture ~ I tried the link but it doesn't seem to be working for me...

July 22, 2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

That green glow you see to the west is NOT the sunset.

If only you didn't live so much on the damned opposite side of the country from me....! :-]

Gotta go see the pic, now...

July 23, 2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

:D Lovely! And your hair is not a mess...

July 23, 2006 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home