Friday, February 10, 2006

Let it snow

We've got snow! About an inch is on the ground, and more big, fat, sticky, wet flakes are falling. Under the moonlight, my yard and the field beyond it look a sparkling playground for benevolent fairies. This is snowball type snow, and I know that I am going to get someone tomorrow. Tonight, though, my favorite indulgence of reading in the comfy chair with a blanket tucked around me and a cup of hot chocolate by my side is the perfect activity.

The downside is that my daughter's winter formal got cancelled for the evening and will be rescheduled. This comes only after finally finding the perfect dress last night, a skinny green sequin covered mini with three spaghetti straps on each shoulder. I feared her father would have a heart attack when he saw her in it, but he handled it with an aplomb that truly surprised me.

It's been a long, angst filled week, and I'm looking forward to a weekend with snow enforced slowness. My blanket is calling, and so is a book. I don't know which book it will be yet, and that itself is a wonderful, anticipatory pleasure. Snow makes my little space on the planet seem otherworldly, and the right book will take me even further into that delicious state. Soon my chocolate will be the perfect temperature to drink, and I can't imagine a more lovely evening for the mood I'm in.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Definitely wonky weather around the country these days. We have finally had sun this week, after a month and a half of rain. I hardly knew how to act. Yesterday, I went out on my back deck and just sat in the sun while I did some paperwork for my business. All I could think was, "Aaahhhhh!"

And tonight...I'm ALL about the Winter Olympics coverage on TV. Enjoy your snow!

February 10, 2006 10:51 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Er - it has been around eighty here for the past few days. Very low humidity and I am finding it impossible to keep my hands from feeling like sandpaper. And so much for the winter wardrobe I prefer to don since it is ever so much easier to use it as a kind of disguise. Hmph. On the other hand, I shouldn't complain to those who have snow!

Cynthia, I hope you enjoyed your blanket, chocolate, and book. Sounds delightful. What did you end up choosing?

Love, Vicky

February 11, 2006 12:51 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Enjoy your blanky and book :)

Hugs

February 12, 2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

Sounds absolutely delightful to me. Hope you've continued to enjoy the blankets outside and in.

February 12, 2006 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home