Monday, January 30, 2006

Write Words Writing Club Entry


In dreams we reach
yet separated we remain,
framed by our existence,
locked in our walls
not seeing,
but hoping,
feeling
that the other is out there,
so alike
and so alone.

This poem is in response to Painting #1 in the new blog, Write Words Writing Club: Writer's Club Entry 02/01/2006.

Lately, I've been overthinking everything I've been writing, so I tried something unusual for me. I set a timer for five minutes and decided to see what happened. I think of this as writing hot. There was no editing other than the usual scribbles and word replacements as I went. It was a good exercise to let one image spark one idea and race to get it down.


10 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I've actually done that before...just sat down and wrote, not with a timer, exactly, but determined to let the words flow quickly and then leave them alone. Some of my best stuff--poetry, especially--has been written that way.

January 30, 2006 11:36 PM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

Looks good to me. I like it a lot. Now I have to go check the new and intriguing blog.

January 31, 2006 6:53 AM  
Blogger Christina K Brown said...

very good...I was crawn to this picture too but it felt so barren.

You did a good job capturing that feeling.

January 31, 2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

Wow! Did you ever nail that...good entry! So glad you wrote, I posted your entry at The Writer's Club.
Thank you, I was hoping someone did a challenge for that photo.
TJ
http://writewordswritingclub.blogspot.com/

January 31, 2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Interesting poem, new blog, and painting -- thanks, Cynthia!

January 31, 2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger V said...

Cyn, your poem really addressed the painting.
Very intuitive, insightful.
Looks like you may try the time limits again!
V

January 31, 2006 5:01 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

I added your entry over to The Writer's blog. Next time you will be able to.
Thanks so much...

January 31, 2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

I love your poem, Cynthia. I think it is one of your best. I think of the quote Judi Heartsong recently put on her blog by Basquiat who said that when he paints, he doesn't think about art, he thinks about life. I believe you were thinking about life.

February 01, 2006 3:05 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I do see the poem palpably in the painting. Or is it the other way around? You might eventually get so good at this you'll set the egg timer on "soft boiled." Then, "hot dog" on the microwave dial. Metaphors go so well with condiments.

February 01, 2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

I did this at your suggestion....It was pretty cool...great idea!

February 03, 2006 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home