Sunday, January 22, 2006

Ridiculous

Insomnia and a personality that's just shy of being diagnosed with OCD can sometimes be a dangerous combination. If I take an afternoon nap, I can count on totally blowing a good night's sleep. That's why I found myself online between two and six this morning. I discovered wonderful sites on creativity and writing, some stuff to make the inner religion geek ooh with delight and bore just about everybody else to tears, enough recipes for me to dream about but basically ignore for a good six months, and lots of free blog add-ons that I need to check out later. Even at 3:00 a.m., I knew that HTML and sleep deprivation might be as palatable a combination as licorice and liverwurst.

My favorites list grew to a rather unwieldy length. Here's where my obsessive nature kicked in. Folders, I had to have folders. Slowly but surely, I created folders for journals, health, recipes, religions, cool HTML stuff, online magazines and more. All the AOL clutter got tucked neatly inside its own folder. Adrian Monk would have been proud. Somewhere around 5:00, the absurdity of it all got to me. Here I sat, eyes burning and gritty, yawning, knowing that the day ahead of me held responsibilities, and I was organizing my favorites list. I could have been doing laundry. I could have been reading some of those delectable books that still haven't been touched since my last book store binge. I could have watched the Netflix that have grown their own protective coating of dust. I could have woken the husband for a late night surprise, but no, my favorites list had to be filed into folders.

It's either time for another sleep study, or I might just have crossed another diagnostic line.


3 Comments:

Blogger sunflowerkat said...

Sleepless nights...that's when we make some of our best discoveries!!

January 22, 2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

LOL! Call me crazy, but this entry makes perfect sense to me!

:)

Judi

January 22, 2006 10:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I did this same thing last week when I discovered the free blogger templates. Gritty eyes and all.

January 22, 2006 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home