Monday, January 23, 2006

Lighten up!

I am in serious need of silliness. I want to do more than laugh. I want to giggle. I want it to rise up in me uncontrollably until I've got tears in my eyes and I'm hoping I can make it to the restroom on time. I need a good dose of Mel Brooks, Mike Meyers, the Marx Brothers, Monty Python or Bugs Bunny. It's time to turn off Hardball and turn on The Simpsons, time to set aside Man and His Symbols and pick up Peanuts.

And now, because I loved these when I was a kid...

What's red on the outside and gray and white on the inside?
An inside out elephant.

What's red and white on the outside and gray and white on the inside?
Campbell's Cream of Elephant Soup

What do you do with a blue elephant?
Take him to the circus to cheer him up.

What do you do with a green elephant?
Wait until he ripens.

Elephant jokes. Not a bad way to start getting silly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Abadiebitch said...

I have the book, Man and His Symbols. I got it for the section "The importance of dreams." I always end up looking at the pictures, even if they are black and white.

Pull out the Holy Grail that should do the trick. It does for me anyway.

January 24, 2006 3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee-hee! I like the blue elephant one! Silliness is SO important! Do you remember this entry on my blog: http://journals.aol.com/paulajlambert/PaulaLambert-Author/entries/544 ? You left an elephant joke there that cracked me up--I tell it every once in a while. You didn't include it here--it's a gem.

Gotta laugh. Just got to...

Paula

January 24, 2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Why do ducks have flat feet?
From stamping out forest fires.

Why do elephants have flat feet?
Froms stamping out burning ducks.

Why do whales live in the ocean?
To keep away from burning elephants.

January 24, 2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

Go see The Producers.

Very silly!

January 25, 2006 4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home