Thursday, September 11, 2008

Adrift in the web

Aubtitled: A Day of Pain, A Hope of Healing

I cannot write. I can only read, ramble and point to what has touched me. These links are good stuff.

Eight years later, the shock and pain of destruction have become history. This is my generation's "date that will live in infamy," only no one summed up the tragedy in a single phrase as effective as that one. In reading blogs today, I found a wonderful tribute at The Quaker Agitator. It's about the best I've read and far more eloquent than anything I could say.

Wrapped up in the concrete blanket of my depression, my heart still goes out to
Gannet Girl whose family has had an incredible loss. Prayers and love to one my dearest online friends.

Thanks to Theresa, another dear online friend for The Girl Who Trod on A Loaf, parts 1,2 and 3.
My words and thoughts haven't caught up to each other on these entries yet, but they bear reading and deliberating.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I don't know that any phrase will ever convey what we all felt that day.

September 11, 2008 7:59 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

xxooxoxoxo
I heart you.

September 12, 2008 3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::::hugs::: I wish I knew how to deal with the 'sock and pain of that destruction.' I think you probably saw how I deal - or don't deal - with the issues surrounding 9/11 - and they are still much too raw to allow much in.

Many, many people know I wrote hundreds of pages by hand during those days - and have given me so many books on 9/11 as a result. They are all sitting on the shelf beside my journal... awaiting a time when I can actually look at them. Now? Is not the time... and I can't even imagine when it will be.

It's just too raw.

But these links are so wonderful. Thanks for sharing them. :::hugs:::

I love you.

September 14, 2008 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home