Friday, June 13, 2008

Anxious

I just returned from taking the womanchild to her boyfriend's house. Soon, they and a few more friends will be leaving to go to an Iron and Wine concert out of state. They'll be gone overnight. This is her first unchaperoned trip anywhere, and I'm swallowing hard. There's part of me saying, "Noooooooooo." However, I know she is almost grown. I'd had trips with friends at her age. She's a responsible young lady with a good head on her shoulders, in some ways more sensible than I was at her age. She needs some time away from here. As well as the concert, they're planning on going to the St. Louis Fine Arts Museum. It ought to be good for her. I'm still about as anxious as I get, short of a panic attack, and a constant prayer for her safety is running through my head. I really want her to have a good time, and I'll be glad when they get home tomorrow night.

I'm just sort of braced for the next few days. Sunday is Father's Day, and the next day would have been my 22nd wedding anniversary. I don't even want to think about it. I don't want to think at all.

14 Comments:

Blogger daringtowrite said...

I hear ya!

June 13, 2008 12:52 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I think it's wonderful that she'll be trying her little wings, so to speak... And she'll be back in time to shore you up during some difficult anniversaries.

Cyn, I wish I was (were?) there with you. You and I could have a glass of wine (or several) and just...sit and be. (((((hugs)))))

June 13, 2008 7:07 PM  
Blogger more cows than people said...

thinking of you in these anxious days.

i hope she is having a wonderful time and i know she'll come home safe and sound with stories to share and some maybe to keep in her heart.

hope you found a way to breathe while she was away.

lifting you to light.

June 15, 2008 6:16 AM  
Blogger Lisa Beth said...

Have been reading your blog from a mention at RevGalBlogPals. Lifting you in prayer this weekend. Thank you for sharing your journey.

June 15, 2008 9:42 PM  
Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

Thinking of you.

Judi

June 16, 2008 1:39 PM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

prayers for you this night.

Pax, C.

June 16, 2008 10:25 PM  
Blogger seethroughfaith said...

u ok?

how did womanchild's trip go?

June 25, 2008 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking about you, honey.

:::hugs:::

June 30, 2008 6:22 PM  
Blogger Magdalene6127 said...

Thinking about you Cynthia...

June 30, 2008 10:58 PM  
Blogger seethroughfaith said...

HI Cynthia. How are you doing? You've gone quiet .. not always a bad thing but ...

hugs and love xx

July 01, 2008 3:34 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

It all is a lump you never forget. I think back with anxiety...but lived long enough now to appreciate those times.
I am still using you for weight loss inspiration. 33 pound so far for me...much more to go.
Thinking about you...TJ

August 01, 2008 7:54 AM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Thinking about you... :-]

August 12, 2008 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell happened to you? At least say goodbye...........

August 26, 2008 8:56 PM  
Blogger Jul said...

I am very worried about what may have happened. I have written her twice and tried to call and so far nothing. Too many things came too fast and the loss she sustained is something that changes not only your life but you.

I hope someone will eventually have information about Cynthia and I pray she is hanging in there and learning to live again. She is an amazing woman who has overcome many obstacles and right now she needs all the prayers and good thoughts we can send her way.

August 27, 2008 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home