Thursday, February 15, 2007

A little meme-age

this is more blatant theft from The Quaker Agitator. I'm in a movie sort of mood.

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than ten times. Casablanca. Gone With The Wind. To Kill A Mockingbird.
2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater. Unfortunately, Disney's Pocahantas. Repeat viewings are for the VCR and DVD, but for the womanchild, I did a lot.
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie. Kenneth Brannagh. Edward Norton. John Cleese. Sandra Bullock. Cate Blanchett. Kevin Spacey. Russell Crowe. John Malkovich. Clive Owen. Morgan Freeman. Natalie Portman. Throwing in a director -- Ang Lee.
4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie. Ashton Kutcher. Joining the choir on David Spade. Eddie Murphy. Charlie Sheen (something about him just gives me the wiggums). Keanu Reeves.
5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from. Casablanca. The Philadelphia Story. Blazing Saddles. Young Frankenstein.
6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. It would be a stretch now, but at one time, Funny Girl and The Sound of Music.
7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with. The Sound of Music. (Dave, I'm not laughing.)
8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see. Empire of the Sun.
9. Name a movie that you own. I can't pick just one. Collecting dust on top of the DVD now, Much Ado About Nothing, When Harry Met Sally, The Negotiator, V for Vendetta, Little Miss Sunshine.
10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. Hmmmmmmm, can't really think of one.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what? Oh, going to the drive-in is a great childhood memory. When I was a little kid, my parents would dress my sister and me in our pajamas because we'd inevitably fall asleep in the car. I remember watching Frankie and Johnny with Elvis Presley and Donna Douglas and Thoroughly Modern Millie with Julie Andrews when I was little. (Drive ins weren't known for the quality of their movies, just for being drive-ins. As a teenager, the drive-in was a party spot. Everyone in our high school knew which row was "ours", and we'd wander from car to car. Having someone stuffed in the trunk of the car to sneak them in was de rigeur. We'd sit hanging out the windows of the car. If you were there for some serious making out, you'd park as far away from that row as possible. The last movie I remember seeing there was a double feature of Barbara Streisand's The Way We Were and A Star Is Born.
12. Ever made out in a movie? I thought kissing and telling just wasn't good form.
13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it. Far too many to name.
14. Ever walked out of a movie? Yes, and I can't remember the name of it. Something with Sir Anthony Hopkins and a puppet.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. The Way We Were.
16. Popcorn? Of course. And Raisinettes.
17. How often do go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? Way too rarely.
18. What's the last movie you saw in the theater? Elizabethtown, I think.
19. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie? Anything but a slasher flick.
20. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? The Sound of Music. It was on a real big screen, and I remember we had to get dressed up.
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen? White Chicks. House of Wax. Halloween.
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? Shaun of the Dead. The absolutely best zombie movie ever.
23. What is the scariest movie you've seen? I've never recuperated from The Birds.
24. What is the funniest movie you've seen? Hmmmmmmmm, this is a hard one, but I'm going to go with What's Up, Doc? even though I can't stand Ryan O'Neal.

,

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Williams said...

This looks like fun. I remember once my brother gave me $ to go to any movie I wanted and he paid a friend's way to go with me. I had a chance to see "Sound of Music" but instead I picked some Don Knotts movie. What I mostly remember is being with my friend and my brother's kindness. He is dead now.

February 15, 2007 2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home