Monday, August 28, 2006

Summertime Blues

I heard on Weather Channel today that the high in Boston today was 73. That just made me sick. This is supposed to be summer. That means sweating. That means a heat index of 98 when the temp is only 85. It means full slacks, pantyhose or anything resembling professional or even modest attire being a form of torture. It is not supposed to be 73 degrees in summer. Come on down here and melt at my house where the air conditioner is frozen up again. This is what summer feels like. Can you take it? Can you? And we've got at least six more weeks of weather like this before. Oh, who am I fooling? You can wear shorts at Halloween. The sauna starts in March and ends right before holiday insanity begins. Heck, the weather alone is a good enough excuse for all the insanity memorialized by Southern Gothic literature. It will definitely make you crazy

I need a good rain. Can you tell?

9 Comments:

Blogger Gannet Girl said...

You are SUCH a Tennessee gal!

August 28, 2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Come just a tad farther north to my little corner in Kentucky. The high today was supposed to be 88, with a heat index of 106. I'm betting in about February, when those in Boston are freezing their patooties off, you'll be happy for your weather. Or .. you could be buying hurricane supplies! I'll take the heat over that for sure. Friends here tell me that we once had 10" of snow on October 15. I'm ready for it!

Judy L.

August 28, 2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger Virginia said...

I would trade and take longer summer weather. I think the summer season even here in DC is too short and the passing of summer always makes me sad.

Peace, Virginia

August 28, 2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

Near Kansas City here; we got OUR rain. I'm trying my best to send it on to you.

August 28, 2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

okay do I be sarcastic and tell you yes is been beautiful 70's for 2 weeks? OR Do I say its been raining for 4 days?

I smelled snow....

August 28, 2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

It was hot here again today...only low 90'2 hot, though. And we don't have the humidity that you have. I spent the entire day (fourteen hours of it, anyway) in my air conditioned cafe. I was in the kitchen cooking. The kitchen is NOT air conditioned. Sigh!

August 29, 2006 12:41 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Heh. I've been enjoying the break from the heat here in NJ. We had heatwave conditions for sooooo long. Now with temps in the 70s and a week of afternoon rain showers and night time thunder storms...my grass is finally perking up. :-)

August 29, 2006 3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 29, 2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I put the bedroom air conditioner in the attic this morning. The water in the pool is down to 69 degrees. The lower branched of the tomato plants are withering. And I had to actually WORK 2 days this week.

August 31, 2006 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home