Sunday, August 20, 2006

Grumping

This has just been a bad day. No doubt about it. What kills me is that I'm feeling guilty because I can't turn it around in my head.

Now, I admit that having a stranger, Terry Jones who has firefighter tags on his white truck in Jackson, TN (giving credit where credit is due), help me out of the sheer kindness of his heart, was wonderful. It was the lone bright spot, and I am grateful as all get out that southern gentlemen still exist.

After he left, I waited on the side of the road for my mother-in-law to arrive. She wanted to follow me and make sure I got where I was headed safely. It was a good thing. Within two blocks, my spare had gone flat, thankfully near a gas station where I was able to refill it with air.

I missed my business appointment. I badly needed to reach two people today, and neither one was available. I really wanted to make it to church today and missed it. And I've had a headache.

You'd think I could just sit back and enjoy the sheer suckiness of this day, but no. My nasty internal Little Mary Sunshine wants me to find something of value, a moral lesson, the freaking silver lining. Sometimes I just want to smack that brat.

7 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

My grandma used to say that a flat tire was God's way of telling us to slow down. Of course, she never drove a day in her life! ;-) Hope things are better tomorrow.

August 21, 2006 2:10 AM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Well.

August 21, 2006 7:39 AM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

Geee Cynthia...I understand, yes I do!
Here is hoping that today is better(of course it will be because it is not yesterday! ;)

August 21, 2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I can't be easy relying on the MIL under the current circumstances. I did listen to the audio; loved your southern accent (just enough--not too much) and your use of term "as all get out" in this post.

August 22, 2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oh, my ~ that was a bad day!

By all means, smack that Little Mary Sunshine. Sometimes the Universe just hands us crap, that's all there is to it. And from crap you most decidedly should not make lemonade, and I don't care what anyone else tells you.

Embrace the suckiness. And the kindness of strangers. Where would we be without them?

August 22, 2006 3:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Smack away, dear. And belt her once for me, too, will ya? :-]

August 24, 2006 12:10 AM  
Blogger Cynnie said...

I keep my internal Mary chained in the basement..
who knew she was such houdini?
Great blog baby..

September 01, 2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home