Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Daily Mundanity

Sunday was a good harbinger of the week I've been having. Though nothing with the drama of two flat tires in one day has happened, I just haven't been able to pull myself out of the funk. I do get sick of reading my own whining and moaning though and didn't want to inflict anymore of that on anyone who reads my little bit cyberspace. When I'm sick of myself, I know that other people have to be, and I really like having readers. I confess,after cigarettes and caffeine, blog hits are the big addiction, and comments are the really big score. Feed my monkey, people, and keep me away from the serious stuff! Oh, heck, if I shed the blogging jones, I might actually get some real writing done. Forget I said that, this keeps me limber for the real stuff.

So what brings me here tonight, besides feeling guilty if I don't make regular entries (the discipline of nearly daily writing is why I started a blog in the first place), is that my week did turn around tonight. I didn't make the big sales that I've been hoping for. I haven't had a sudden blitz of super hausfrau-ness that's transformed my home into what I want it to be. The womanchild still hasn't succumbed to southern Stepfordization. (I don't really want her to, but a ma'am would be nice sometimes). I'm still a big wuss when it comes to the family relationships that are driving me crazy (cough, husband, cough, sister, cough). The new blood pressure and diuretic meds still have me double checking symptoms and going to the bathroom every five minutes, and I think the dosage on the anti-depressants might need to be adjusted. What did happen is I just went to church and came home peaceful, feeling loved by God/dess and good friends, reminded of my connection and communion with the world and reassured of the great, unending, mysterious process of a life aware of the Divine. I couldn't ask for more than that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Cyn...how could you think that whiing and moaning makes people sick of you? Those are the entries that get the most comments! LOL!

I am somewhat familiar with the feeling you describe in the second paragraph of this entry...that peaceful loved feeling... Though it's been a very long time.

Bask in it. You deserve it.

August 24, 2006 12:16 AM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

OK, here's the hit to feed your addicition.

Seriously -- it sounds like a very good day to me.

And look at that -- you got a comment from Lisa, who has done a virtual disappearing act into her new venture.

August 24, 2006 6:02 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I wouldn't worry about whining and moaning. That's what we are here for, and I for one, certainly don't mind. It's more honest.

I have a separate diary for my moaning - it is private and nobody else can read it - it is on opendiary.com although I think the new beta blogger does have a private feature. So if it is like opendiary, you can choose certain entries to be private, and you can complain to your hearts content.

August 24, 2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Free therapy... that is one of the best uses for a blog that I've seen. :-)

August 24, 2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

Cynthia, you inevitably find that gold somewhere in the day...
It is not a moan or a groan...its a process..I love it and I learn too!

August 25, 2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

To me feeling peaceful is where it's at right now. When I think of you whining doesn't enter my thoughts. You have tremendous insights and I feel honored to share them with you.

August 25, 2006 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New reader, here. Great blog...maybe that'll keep you from making a run to Starbucks.

ARe you in Memphis? The way you describe West Tennessee sounds like it. I moved here (Kentucky) from Chattanooga.

August 30, 2006 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home