Sunday, July 02, 2006

Reprieve

The womanchild and I spent the night at my mother-in-law's last night. It was a welcome and gracious reprieve from the oven of our house. We got there a little before midnight last night after she and my husband got back from an auction, her first big excursion after knee replacement surgery. We were wilted, stinky and tired, and cool sheets and a ceiling fan felt like presents from heaven.

Where was my husband during these cool hours of reprieve? After all we were at his mother's house, and I was snoring in his childhood bedroom. The sweet man was working his magic on the air conditioner, and I returned to my very own, comfortably cooled house this morning. I found him rumpled, stained and sleeping on the couch. He was too tired to make it to the bed after doing central air voodoo in the late night hours.

I had planned a pretty busy afternoon for him today, but I think he gets a break. Heck, I might even fix his favorite meal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jod{i} said...

Good man Good man....oh and those cookies!hee hee...
Glad you are feeling cooler...

July 02, 2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Yeah...he deserves a couple of goodies for a job well done. I think my hubs would be overwhelmend by the whole central air conditioning thing...

July 02, 2006 7:34 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

He definitely deserves a special reward...oh, yeah, food, I guess that works too.

July 02, 2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

What a great guy. And ahhhh...central air. If only.

July 02, 2006 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home