Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The power of The List



Ahhhhhhhhhh! That is the sound of my head leaving a previously mentioned orifice and returning to its rightful place on my shoulders.

I should have listened to myself days ago when I was berating myself for everything I hadn't gotten done. Instead of feeling bad about it, I just needed to write it down. Pen and ink hold real power for me. I take the written word more seriously than I do the spoken word, and I take the spoken word more seriously than the ones that just bump up against my skull until they come out.

In one of those detestable business speak cliches', I planned my work today and worked my plan. Proving the truth behind cliches', it worked for me. Not only was I more productive about job and home responsibilities, but I got a good start on two new poems that excite me. I honestly think that came about because I didn't feel guilty about other things left undone, and I had included writing time on The List.

Having a beautiful, just shy of full, moon doesn't hurt either.

1 Comments:

Blogger daringtowrite said...

I'm a lister, too, and noticed after not feeling much accomplishment over the past week that I had somehow forgotten to create a list for an entire seven days. Now I'm back on track. Thanks for the new cliché.

March 15, 2006 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home