Sunday, March 12, 2006

That time of year

Since I couldn't have a bonfire, I decided on another ancient ritual to help me get moving -- Spring Cleaning. It's definitely not as fun as a bonfire, but the feeling that comes from creating order from chaos is hard to top. In my house there's so much chaos that if I stick to my plan and my written to do list, I should be damn near high by next weekend, and I don't mean from the oven cleaner fumes.

Introversion and pleasant inertia are among winter's pleasures, but oh, they take a toll on me. I'm ready to shake it off. Until today, I've had my windows open until today, letting the fresh air work its wonders, but when the temperature hits 80 and the humidity is high, the AC comes on. I'm still sweaty and gritty, and I'm wondering just what composes some of the ick I've found in baseboard corners. It will only make my shower tonight in the steamed and scrubbed bathroom all the more pleasant.

Scrubbed floors, clean tubs, shiny faucets and sparkling mirrors are little things, but they're little things I accomplished. As much as I hate housekeeping, the physical work involved is good for me. A good sweat, a mildly aching back, clean surfaces and a whiff of household cleansers are good for the soul.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I will never take that kind of pleasure in housework. I like my house clean, but I hate doing it.

March 13, 2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

I'm with Lisa. I ain't gonna comment on no housework, no sirree. You wanna come and clean my house?

March 14, 2006 2:30 AM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

I know it needs to be done here...but there are SOOOOOO many other things I'd rather do.

March 17, 2006 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home