Friday, March 10, 2006

Whatever it is, I don't like it

Are the planets in some weird alignment? Has some bizarre allergen been released into the atmosphere? Are the tectonic plates shifting? Is sun spot activity up? Is it global warming? Everybody I know is affected by some weirdness. I've had this 'can't get my head out of my butt thing' happening. I know that other bloggers are experiencing something similar. I walk into my office and the first thing my boss says is get out the rosary and holy water, and little Protestant me has both in my purse. Don't ask me why. I'm not sure I know, and I don't remember putting them there. The calmest, sweetest people I know are snappy, and the usual terrors have turned moony and sentimental.

I think a bonfire is in order. My candles just aren't cutting it for me. I need real flames (carefully attended of course). It's time to get out the mud boots, reacquaint myself with the passenger seat of the truck, head out to the farm and get a good sized fire going, lie on a blanket and look up at the stars. The night air is soft and cool, and yesterday's storm blew away the clouds until tomorrow. I want to search for constellations and recall old myths. I want to put a flashlight under my chin and tell ghost stories. I want to find out just what is growing that has turned the fields a lovely, deep purple. I want to howl at the moon until I laugh or cry. Since the husband is already snoozing, and I can't drive the stick shift truck, it's another evening of searching for the book that will transport me and savoring Hugh Laurie in House. He is something else, but howling at the moon would be even better.

It could be that weirdness is all around me or maybe I've had so much normal that everything seems odd. I just know it's time to make things different.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sybil said...

My friends tell me that Mercury is in retrograde and that things are going to be strange this month. Not sure if I believe but they have been. Supposed to be very bad for Virgos so I might just hide under my bed (wish I could still fit under there). Take it slow.

March 11, 2006 6:58 AM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

Oh Cynthia! I think you have definitely nailed this one! It is the drudge of these long winter months, we need rebirth! My best friend is on her way up to Woodstock NY for a cleansing ritual, I should have went with her, yes a bonfire!!! YES! Cleansing...that is in order, I am so on this page with you!!!!!

I feel that Old Man winter and Father time must have tied a good one on and just can not be rolled out of bed, we just may need to push them along..I dont think Mother nature would oppose, do you?

We are promised a beautiful weekend here in New England...I am going to go frolick and enjoy, rejuvenate! Maybe a fire is the plan as well!

Peace and blessings,
Jodi

PS
Sybil, You may be onto something as well, being a Virgo as well, got room under the bed?

March 11, 2006 7:50 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Other bloggers have their heads up your butt too? Ha ha!

Everyone has been writing about odd events the past few weeks, huh?

We didn't get the storm here in East TN....it's missed us and went to the north.


Chris
My Blog

March 11, 2006 1:34 PM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Yes!

Equinox, get a move on!

March 11, 2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

When I get in that mood I watch "Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood" on DVD.

March 11, 2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

time to make things different.... amen.

March 11, 2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger Virginia said...

Tuesday night is a full moon... our fire ceremony time. I wish I lived somewhere where a bonfire would be possible.

Peace, Virginia

March 11, 2006 7:54 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

Howling at the moon in front of a bonfire sounds like a perfect way to shake things up. I can drive a stick shift! Is it too late?

March 12, 2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I started out writing a post about this very thing the other day. What I ended up with was a post on "liberalism" for the Blue Voice. That happens to me so often. When I sit down to write, I don't know where I'm going to end up.

My theory was going to be that the political/moral situation in this country (the world?), which it is very hard to isolate oneself from, has everyone funked out.

March 12, 2006 10:07 AM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

Spring fever, my dear. We've been caged up long enough. Of course you're ready to how.!

March 17, 2006 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home