Monday, April 19, 2010

PAD #8

surrounded

hammers mounted and framed,
a brass bowl filled with screws,
a pocket filled with rusty nails,
a wrench hand painted electric blue,
a beer mug filled with felt tip pens,

everywhere i turn,
memories of you.


The prompt for Day #8 was tool. For years my husband's family owned a hardware store, and tools were a fascination of his since childhood. He was also a compulsive hoarder, and though I helped him keep this obsession under enough control for our home to be both livable and visitable (though messier than I liked), it was a real problem. Sorting his things after he died was incredibly hard, and with every closet, every shelf, every drawer, I'd find hand tools and hardware. It is the little things that get you.


2 Comments:

Blogger marigolds2 said...

ohhhh, Cynthia

April 20, 2010 5:48 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I like this one. It carries the essence of a beloved man gone away. Reminds me of my Dad.

April 23, 2010 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home