The Friday Five
To me, being religious means --
1. Following with discipline the teachings, dogma and hierarchy of a church.
2. Regular church attendance.
3. Regular participation in sanctioned rituals like communion, baptism, and approved schedules and methods of prayer.
5. Adherence to sacred texts.
Being spiritual is
1. Accepting and seeking that which is greater than what we can tangibly measure.
2. Accepting, seeking and respecting the ineffable connection to one's self, other people, animals, the physical world mentally, emotionally, and physically.
3. Aligning one's beliefs consciously and thoughtfully with one's actions. This could be just in the way that we treat people, or social, economic and political activism.
4. Practicing appreciation, empathy and self transcendence.
5. Finding these things in our daily lives.