Monday, April 19, 2010

Poem A Day Challenge

OK, I started the month with the Poem A Day Challenge, and then on day seven, my modem died. I had the prompt. I wrote the poem. I had no way of getting it online. Now, it's April 19th, and I've got 12 prompts to catch up to the challenge. We'll see if I can catch up. It's going to be a lot of work, and I'll just have to see if I'm up to this.

Any way, here's the poem for Day Seven. The prompt was until...

Bad Advice

Until the stars align,
the oracle speaks,
and the graces
begin their dance --
do nothing.
You will not miss
the unsung song
or the wind
against your face
when you do not
take the dive.
Leave the blotted page
and the awkward step
for those who
merely strive.
The dream of perfection
is enough for you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home