Thursday, June 11, 2009

Set up

The womanchild's car has been in the shop for nearly a week, and this has given me the opportunity to spend some time with her. I know that the need for a free taxi has been her main motivation. Even though, I've run through the gas, I decided to enjoy the time. She's getting ready to move to another city in just a little over a month, and the preparations have begun. She's arranged for a transfer with her job, has her college paperwork in order and is packing up her belongings. Sorting books and DVDs has created an ongoing dialogue about who gets what.

What's struck me as really interesting is that she's bringing her friends, the kids who'll still be in the area (the ones who already call me mom), and me together almost daily. It's almost like she's trying to set up parenting opportunities for me since she won't be around to provide them. "You know, mom, B. and C. will be glad to help you with some chores, don't you? And you really ought to call R. sometime. She just enjoys talking with you." Sweet kids, sweet daughter. She's even told me that she wants me to start dating and would pay half an E-Harmony membership. Thank goodness, she's not trying to set me up with dates.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I think it's sweet that she's trying to make sure you are "taken care of" even if she is not going to be around.

June 11, 2009 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home