Friday, May 15, 2009

Resolved

I've always been afraid of my own anger. I want to be a bridge builder and a peace maker, and anger just doesn't fit that image of myself. I've shortchanged myself by not allowing anger to play a bigger role in my life. I've denied myself the energy that anger can bring. I've weakened my ability to act in shying from righteous outrage, whether it's been on the personal or the political scale.

I'm tired of that.

My challenge is how to tap into the positive qualities of anger without letting its dangerous dark side suck me in. Until I find that, and it will be a major focus of my time, I'm going to enjoy feeling strong and setting firmer boundaries. I've felt so guilty over so many things, things that were not all my fault, that I should have gotten angry over things and didn't. No more.

2 Comments:

Blogger daringtowrite said...

I'm right behind you on this.

May 15, 2009 11:50 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I do some of my best work when I'm angry. Seriously. The adrenalin rush is better than a pot of coffee, for me. And, for whatever reason, I am angry a lot of the time...probably more than I should be. But if I wasn't, I probably would never accomplish anything.

May 16, 2009 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home