Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Yawn

I'm making myself write this because I haven't written anything in a few days. I haven't done anything other than my job. If I were some corseted Victorian lady, I probably would have swooned a few times in the last few days. Since I'm not, I'm trying to decide if I'm being lazy, a hypochondriac or if I'm really coming down with something. I'm just so tired. I'm tired mentally, physically and emotionally. I just feel flattened. Deflated is probably a better word choice. It's not like I've been run over. I just don't have the energy to do anything. Doing a load of dishes wore me out. Mentally, I'm easily confused and just slow on the uptake. Emotionally, blah.

That at least made me think of a song lyric from Paul Simon's Slip Sliding Away. "On a good day, I ain't got no pain. On a bad day, I just lie in bed and think of things that might have been." That fit me awhile ago, but it doesn't now, so that's an overall improvement in my life condition. That makes a few days of fatigue that just sprang from nowhere seem like no big deal. The challenge now is to make myself stay up long enough not to throw my sleep cycle off any worse than it already is.

2 Comments:

Blogger daringtowrite said...

Gool luck with getting through this patch. I'm a been more than a bit fatigued myself lately and am working on allowing myself off a few hooks so that I can take advantage of a bit more down time when I need it. Tonight the dirty dishes aren't going anywhere. I trust this because I've been testing their loyalty a lot over the past couple of weeks. ;-))

May 12, 2009 11:53 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Anne said...

I hope you aren't coming down with something. But listen to your body and take things easy. A nap is a nice thing once in awhile. I like what daringtowrite wrote.....good advice~
Rebecca

May 13, 2009 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home