Tuesday, April 21, 2009

PAD 20

To be reborn,
you only have to die.
It happened slowly.
Heart racing,
trying to escape
these feeble breasts,
its cadence pushing
everything else aside.
Skin burning,
all other sensation lost,
agonizing its way into ash.
Each breath trembling,
leaving me a void,
then forgetting to inhale.
I woke anew,
unsteady,
no cradling arms,
fearful, squalling
as any other babe,
unsure of what I was,
of what to do,
of what I could become.


The prompt for Day 20 of the Poem A Day Challenge was rebirth. It seems that no matter what I do, the concept of resurrection won't leave me alone. It's stalking me, and I am doing a miserable job of hiding from it. Do I feel like I'm there yet? Heck no, but that often happens to me when I travel. I overshoot my destination and have to turn back to get to where I belong. Sometimes I think my whole life may be a co(s)mic metaphor.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Maybe it's not that you are overshooting, but that your true destination lies somewhere beyond where you think it is...

April 22, 2009 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home