Friday, January 16, 2009

Wasted day, wasted night

I've been awake for three hours now, and I still feel a little woozy. It's almost 8:30 p.m. Yesterday, after unsuccessfully battling a migraine since Friday, I went to the emergency room. I'm fairly stoic, but enough was enough. I don't remember what was in the shot they gave me, but I remember it was 3:38 when I got home. When I woke up this afternoon, about 26 hours later, I was still in the same clothing and chair in which I collapsed. I've never slept this much at one shot in my life. A whole day disappeared, but so did the migraine. Right now, it almost feels like a fair trade.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Hope that by now you've had a hot bath and and resting in a clean and cozy bed. And -- I gave you an award at my place. Sleep (again) well.

January 16, 2009 10:04 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Well! Hope there wasn't anywhere you had to be in that time frame... ;)

January 17, 2009 12:25 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

Did you drive yourself home? I remember when they gave me 2 benedryl and made me call for a ride. Glad the migraine is gone. My son had them in his teens and I know how he suffered. I get a form of them but mine are visual with not much pain.

January 17, 2009 6:58 AM  
Blogger alphawoman said...

Good to hear you semi caught up on your sleep. lol!

January 17, 2009 8:41 AM  
Blogger IndigoSunMoon said...

Sounds like it was just exactly what you needed!
Connie

January 18, 2009 3:13 AM  
Blogger Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I can't recall sleeping more than 24 hours. Sometimes good solid rest is what we, our bodies, need most of all. Praying you keep feeling better!

January 18, 2009 10:26 AM  
Blogger Jul said...

I hope what ever it was they gave you they made sure you had a ride home. I am very glad your migraine is gone and even more glad nothing bad happened to you while you were esentially unconcious.

Take care Cyn, and I will wish for you no more migraines.

January 18, 2009 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home