Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Feeling lovely



I've done this before, but as I keep losing weight, my looks keep changing. I'm finally looking like my image of myself again. In that face I can see the girl I used to be. 135 pounds ago that wasn't the case, and it feels good to feel like myself again. What's been interesting to me is that most of "look-alikes" have changed as I've slimmed down. Annette Bening has never popped up in the mix before. Kristen Bell has. Is it a shame that I have no clue who she is? Apparently I look less like Isabella Rossellini than I did a few pounds ago. (Yeah, right. As if.) I spent much of my income in my twenties on Lancome trying to look like her, and it never worked. Paula Deen has usually shown up before. I wonder why she didn't this time.

All of my life people have told me that they know or that they just met someone who looked just like me. That statement was usually followed by "...and he was adopted too!" (It's usually a male.) My sister by law and love found her birth family, and one of her nieces looks just like she did as a teenager. The resemblance is so close that it's spooky. There is part of me that wonders if I do have a doppelganger out there. It's kind of a fun idea. If he or she is out there, I know one thing, that person is cute.

3 Comments:

Blogger sunflowerkat said...

YES! That person would be a cutie pie!
:)

You look great Cynthia. Losing 135 lbs is an incredible accomplishment...something very few people would be strong enough to do. Enjoy your new look....and be very proud of yourself.

January 13, 2009 4:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You do look great, and what a fun set of faces in your look-alikes!

January 13, 2009 7:54 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

Firstly, I don't know if you have AAA but if you do, they have cell phones for as little as 9.99 a month for emergencies. You can also buy a throw away phone and put mins on as needed. This is a necessity for a working woman! I don't chat on my cell, I make calls from home but I always have it for emergencies. Have you ever thought of looking up your birth parents? I know several people who have done it, most with happy results.

January 15, 2009 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home