Sunday, January 25, 2009

Confession

I would love to be a high brow person. I love art, literature, opera, classical music, good jazz, the nice wine. I'm well rounded enough to include science, philosophy, theology and a wide variety of other interests in my makeup. The truth is though that my brows are just all over the place.

A soap opera can engross me if I'm bored. I enjoy slapstick humor and the occasional fart joke. I can still sing along to The Perfect Country Song -- "I was drunk the day my momma got out of prison, and I went to pick her up in the ra-a-i-in. But before I could get to the station in my pick up truck, she got runned over by the damn old train. And I'll hang around as long as you will let me, darlin', and you never even called me by name...." I learned that song the same time and place I learned to chug beer. Do I really need to continue or have I proved my point?

This rambling work up really leads to one simple fact. I check my horoscope pretty regularly, usually just for the giggle. Well, last night, my Chinese horoscope popped up in my inbox, and I had to check it out. Hah, what a giggle.

From Tarot.com


Beware of burnout this year, dear Rat. (I started the year burned out. Try some real news. I would be a rat, wouldn't I.) You're such a hard worker, and this year you may feel even more pressured to put your nose to the grindstone. (The economy sucks. Deal with it.) Keep in mind that you're naturally resourceful, which means you can stretch resources further than most people. (Prepare to eat a lot of beans and rice.) By drawing on this talent, you can avoid exhaustion. (You need to make room for vitamins in your budget.) Your social life may take a back seat to work responsibilities and it's possible you will be lonely for friends. When you do get together with your nearest and dearest, let it be casual and inexpensive. You don't have to spend a lot of money to have fun. In fact, you'll enjoy yourself much more at informal gatherings, when you can let your hair down and put your feet up. Fortunately, this trend sits well with your frugal nature. (Girl, you ain't having much fun this year.) This isn't a good year to splurge on fads; sensible, durable items will bring the best value. (Forget about that Chanel tote, kiddo.) One thing you will have to guard against is idle chatter. (And just shut the fuck up while you're being miserable.) In 2009, actions speak louder than words. The Year of the Earth Ox poses a wonderful opportunity to expand your family. Get married, have a child or invite an older relative to come live with you. "The more, the merrier" should be your motto as far as your home life is concerned. What could be nicer for a family-oriented animal like you? (Snort!)

Good thing it's just for the giggles, right?

, ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Ugh! Print it out, tear it into tiny little pieces, throw it on the floor and stamp on it for a little while, then throw it out.

January 26, 2009 1:12 AM  
Blogger Cynnie said...

I'm a rat too !..

I cant even fake high brow ..
I once went to a black tie dinner , and the centerpiece was sparkly grapes and flowers and I was wondering if the grapes were real ..
yeah..
i bit into one ..
My friends disowned me on the spot :(

January 26, 2009 2:55 PM  
Blogger Celeste said...

Funny at how much alike we are. BUT I am a PIG LOL

January 28, 2009 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home