Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Things

I've been Facebook tagged several times now for 25 Random Things About Me and thought I'd post it here first.

1. I grew up down the street from Cybill Sheppard.

2. My favorite color is a deep, saturated but bright shade of blue.

3. If I want to look my best though, I wear red.

4. I'm a Diet Coke junkie. If I don't watch myself, I'll drink a two liter bottle a day.

5. I have more scars than my daughter has tattoos.

6. I am a failed perfectionist. I know the standard I want to reach and just never get there, so sometimes I just don't even try. Why set myself up for more failure?

7. There is still a part of me that would enjoy being a pretty, pretty princess.

8. It frustrates me that I'm just smart and not a genius.

9. I don't know if I have delusions of grandeur or just aspirations to grandeur.

10. I love being a woman.

11. I believe that admitting your vulnerabilities makes you stronger. I think this makes me very strange in this culture.

12. My confidence level is confusing. I know that I have strengths and talents but fear they don't add up to much when you throw in everything else.

13. I believe that every human being is a walking miracle.

14. Love and forgiveness are the two most powerful things in the world.

15. Motherhood has been the most profound experience of my life. I didn't expect that.

16. I don't think I was that good of a mother. I regret it, but did expect it.

17. I'm enchanted by the mystery of life, God, the universe and everything. Not knowing is fun and challenging, and it inspires me to ponder, guess, conjecture, surmise and explore. Mystery opens the door to awe, and 42 is as good a solution as I've ever heard.

18. I love knowing things and learning. Not knowing helps you keep perspective in the universe. Knowing helps you live well in it.

19. There is beauty in pain and sadness, but I wish I hadn't had so many opportunities to learn that.

20. Being too nice is one of my biggest weaknesses, but I'm glad I'm nice at the same time.

21. Being nice doesn't necessarily make you good.

22. I don't want to get old.

23. I don't want to imagine a world without books.

24. Part of me thinks I should have been a preacher, and part of me knows I couldn't lead a church.

25. I'm a terrible housekeeper, but I love Martha Stewart.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jul said...

If I were to make that same list I'd also have to include numbers 6,8,16 and 21. And as far as number 16 is concerned, there is no black and white definition of a good mother. I think anyone who thinks they are a great mother probably isn't and those of us who think we could have done better probably haven't failed nearly as much as we think we have.

January 31, 2009 5:55 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

Very telling list. I've been tagged to do this on facebook too, but thanks to my blogging addiction, there aren't 25 things left about me that nobody knows.

January 31, 2009 6:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sadly, I am right there with you on #7.

January 31, 2009 11:34 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

I didn't know you were on Facebook! Send me a friend invitation you know my name, if you forget I will send it to you.
I just set mine up recently and I have few friends so far. When reading these on friends pages I was so moved at how many thought they were not the best mothers. We women are so hard on ourselves. I really loved your answers and identified with so many of them.
At our office we have started sharing books. It's wonderful and I have two I am waiting for, Jodi Picoult books I have yet to read.

January 31, 2009 2:55 PM  
Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

Really good 25 things! I enjoyed this!

:)

Judi

February 01, 2009 2:20 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Wow..really great self awareness here.
Loved it!
Hugs TJ

February 12, 2009 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home