I've been Facebook tagged several times now for 25 Random Things About Me and thought I'd post it here first.
1. I grew up down the street from Cybill Sheppard.
2. My favorite color is a deep, saturated but bright shade of blue.
3. If I want to look my best though, I wear red.
4. I'm a Diet Coke junkie. If I don't watch myself, I'll drink a two liter bottle a day.
5. I have more scars than my daughter has tattoos.
6. I am a failed perfectionist. I know the standard I want to reach and just never get there, so sometimes I just don't even try. Why set myself up for more failure?
7. There is still a part of me that would enjoy being a pretty, pretty princess.
8. It frustrates me that I'm just smart and not a genius.
9. I don't know if I have delusions of grandeur or just aspirations to grandeur.
10. I love being a woman.
11. I believe that admitting your vulnerabilities makes you stronger. I think this makes me very strange in this culture.
12. My confidence level is confusing. I know that I have strengths and talents but fear they don't add up to much when you throw in everything else.
13. I believe that every human being is a walking miracle.
14. Love and forgiveness are the two most powerful things in the world.
15. Motherhood has been the most profound experience of my life. I didn't expect that.
16. I don't think I was that good of a mother. I regret it, but did expect it.
17. I'm enchanted by the mystery of life, God, the universe and everything. Not knowing is fun and challenging, and it inspires me to ponder, guess, conjecture, surmise and explore. Mystery opens the door to awe, and 42 is as good a solution as I've ever heard.
18. I love knowing things and learning. Not knowing helps you keep perspective in the universe. Knowing helps you live well in it.
19. There is beauty in pain and sadness, but I wish I hadn't had so many opportunities to learn that.
20. Being too nice is one of my biggest weaknesses, but I'm glad I'm nice at the same time.
21. Being nice doesn't necessarily make you good.
22. I don't want to get old.
23. I don't want to imagine a world without books.
24. Part of me thinks I should have been a preacher, and part of me knows I couldn't lead a church.
25. I'm a terrible housekeeper, but I love Martha Stewart.