Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In the morning

It was a long night last night. There were alert hours when the world said I should have been at rest. There were bizarre, fleeting dreams, some wonderful, some disturbing. This morning, though, it is a new day. The literally gray skies of yesterday are gone, and the day looks like one of those color saturated photos found on an old calendar of bucolic landscapes, the kind of photograph where you know it just didn't really look like that.

I also start my new job today, and I can't help smiling. It's going to be good to feel like a productive citizen again. I got another smile when I went to put gas in the car and only had to pay $1.54 a gallon. Ten dollars put half a tank of gas in my car. I don't remember the last time that happened.

Now, I've got onion soup simmering on the stove (and a big pack of breath mints in my purse), and my house has a delicious, homey reek. When I stepped on the scale this morning, I found I'd lost another three pounds. If I use every muscle I've got and hold my breath, when I look down, I just see legs underneath the shelf of bosom, no belly. I'll keep that illusion even when my posture is bad and those muscles are relaxed. (Note to self: Wear your Spanx, and you can fool yourself a little more.)

It's definitely a good morning. The thing with feathers is definitely here.

I want to thank my friend,Nelle, for her love, support and inspiration.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Have a wonderful first day at work, Cyn!

November 25, 2008 10:39 AM  
Blogger Sage Ravenwood said...

Hope your first day of work, was wonderous and peaceful. (Hugs)Indigo

November 25, 2008 12:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah S-D said...

Thanks be. Hope it is a thoroughly blessed day!

November 25, 2008 1:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

So...how did it go?

November 25, 2008 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home