Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm heading over to a friend's house in a little bit for Thanksgiving dinner. We worked together in two different small businesses for over ten years, and I doubt if anyone outside of my immediate family has spent more time with me or knows me better. The womanchild will be joining us after she gets off work. She decided that she did want to be with for Thanksgiving, and nothing could have warmed my heart more. Silly thing asked ahead if we would save her a plate of food. She ought to know by now that S. can only cook in amounts appropriate for an army. The last year has battered both of our families around a bit, and together we can be comfortable with both the darkness and the laughter that comes out of that darkness. We don't shock, scare or depress each other with the garbage we've gone through or how we react to it. Neither one of us feels like the other is trying to be a pity whore. We just deal with it, and thank God/dess we can and do laugh. Those are wonderful things, and I am grateful.

6 Comments:

Blogger IndigoSunMoon said...

Oh my gosh Cynthia! That turkey is hystical!!! LMAO
Connie

November 27, 2008 7:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I'm glad you will spend a happy holiday with someone you love. That's what it's all about, after all...

November 27, 2008 11:55 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

Hope you both had a serene Thanksgiving.

November 28, 2008 8:02 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Sometimes being with people who comfort by their presence is the sweetest gift of all. I hope your Thanksgiving was comfortable in every sense.

November 28, 2008 5:43 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

PS ~ I find that turkey vaguely disturbing... ;D

November 28, 2008 5:45 PM  
Blogger Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Just look how God provides!! So glad you found a good way to spend the holiday and happy for you that your daughter joined you.

November 28, 2008 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home