Saturday, October 04, 2008

Your attention please

Now this from The Huffington Post is important, and I'm not usually one to say a political column is important -- insightful, significant, infuriating, all sorts of other adjectives, but rarely important. This is seriously one of the best takes on looking at politics I've read in a long while.

I firmly believe that there is a spiritual element to everything we do, and that life is lived more richly when we make that a conscious part of our lives. I personally cannot separate morals and ethics from either politics or spirituality, and that makes my political decisions weighty personal decisions. I put the essence of myself on the line when I pick a political side and cast a vote. That's definitely one of the reasons why I'm so frequently disappointed in politics and government, but it's the only way I know how to be.

I want to give a nod to The Quaker Agitator for directing me to the article.

,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Cynthia for posting this article. Since it was wrtten, things got even uglier and scarier.
We all need to keep breathing and remember that we are all in the same boat.

October 13, 2008 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home