Saturday, June 09, 2007

Interviewed

My friend, Lisa, of Coming To Terms , participated in an interview meme. When AOL Journals was still truly a blogging community, this was something that went around with some regularity, and it was always fun. How it works is blogger A offers to interview another blogger with 5 questions, and one agrees to be interviewed by leaving a comment and then writing a blog entry with responses to the questions given them. Here are my answers and my offer to interview anyone who would care to respond.


1. Imagine a young person you know is about to be deployed to Iraq and has asked for your advice and/or blessing. What would you say?

My blessing and the automatic assurance of my continued prayers for their safety and well being would be given first. I don't approve of this war, but I understand and respect duty and service. After that, more than anything else, I would want to listen. I would want to give my friend the opportunity to express their thoughts and feelings about this war, and I would try to keep my thoughts about how sad, miserable, mismanaged and wrongheaded this war is. He or she would be the one facing a dangerous situation that, despite news coverage and reading about war, is still beyond my true comprehension. They would be the ones with the right to speak, and the best I could offer would be a listening ear and loving heart.

2. They say you can’t teach on old dog new tricks. What new trick have you learned in the last, say, twelve months?

The biggest and most obvious is that I've learned a much healthier way to eat. I've also finally learned to quit fighting my need for anti-depressant medication and have found that I enjoy the stability of mood that this brings. Both are really signs of becoming more grounded in, loving of and accepting of my body and myself.

3. If you had your choice of living in the perfect place, having the perfect job, or finding your perfect mate—and you could only have one of the three—which would you chose?

What? You mean I can't have it all! How dare you? Well, I'm not really surprised. I'm in a cynical position about all of these now. I no longer believe that the perfect job or the perfect mate are even possible, yet I'll admit that I long for each. The perfect place? Well, I can't decide where that would be, and I have no talent for decorating (something everybody else in my family has in abundance, making me feel sooo tacky). There's also part of me whispering softly, "Wherever you go, there you are." I'd still have to deal with my imperfections wherever I was.

4. Do you have a song/music that you think of as your personal anthem? What is it?

Beethoven's Ode to Joy. It's a reminder to me of how and why my spirit can soar, and it can be done with so many variations that it can serve as background music regardless of any events happening.

5. Who is your hero?

I've had a lot of heros in my life. My parents, movie stars, writers, friends, saints. There are so many admirable people in the world, and there is so much I can learn. However, right now, I'm learning how to be my own hero. It ain't easy.

Remember, if you'd like me to interview you, just leave a comment saying so.

interview, meme

3 Comments:

Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Poor Lisa. She is mad at me about number 3 because I chose all -- and now you choose none!

I love your music. And yes, you have definitely learned some wonderful new tricks!

June 10, 2007 5:37 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Thoughtful questions, intelligently answered. As always, nicely done.

I like your music too; I just clicked your sidebar and Amy Winehouse is singing Rehab...

Oh, right. That's not your personal anthem. Must be mine then... ;D

June 10, 2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Yeah... "morecows" at least answered the darn question! :D

I am particularly impressed with rhe answers to question #1. I'm wondering now how I would answer that question...

June 10, 2007 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home