Thursday, May 03, 2007

The weekly weigh in, week 34

This was another good week on the diet as far as foods and behaviors. I wish I'd exercised more, but that's just not a habit yet. It's something I'm still developing, and it's my biggest growth area in being a healthy person. Despite this, my loss this week was only two tenths of a pound. Hey, it's still a loss.

I've been dieting seven and a half months now, and I'm proud of what I've accomplished. However I can't help feeling like I ought to be further down the road. I want to hit the seventy five pound mark so bad it's gnawing at me. It's good to have a goal. At the same time, a week like this makes that goal feel farther away when it ought to feel closer. I did things right. I lost weight, and if I start rushing myself now, I'll be creating problems for myself.

I can remember very distinctly a moment in one of my teenage diets when I realized that losing weight at a healthy pace meant that I would have to diet for at least ten weeks. I felt like there was absolutely no way I could last that long on a diet. My odds of eating that way for a lifetime were even smaller. It was the first time I ever looked at my fat as inevitable and my size as hopeless, and it's taken me around 30 years to break that mindset. If I start trying to rush things, I'm buying back into the mentality where time and numbers matter more than healthy behaviors.

So, at least my eyes are open. I can see the trap into which I could easily fall. That's really more important than how much weight I lost this week. It's keeping the mind healthy as well as the body. That's a good feeling too.

Weekly summary: Weekly loss -- .2 pounds, Total loss -- 61.4 pounds, Average weekly weight loss -- 1.81 pounds per week.

health and wellness, diets, weight loss, Weight Watchers

3 Comments:

Blogger don't eat alone said...

Cynthia

I wrote about working to change habits tonight as well. I've lost fourteen on my way to seventy five. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Peace,
Milton

May 03, 2007 9:38 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Your eyes are open and so is your heart.

Congratulations.

May 04, 2007 8:02 AM  
Blogger Abadiebitch said...

Great job!

Have you ever lost this much on a diet before?

May 04, 2007 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home