Saturday, April 28, 2007

Happy Birthday...

Harper Lee (April 28, 1926 - ), Pulitzer prize winning author of To Kill A Mockingbird.

I know that I'm not alone in considering To Kill A Mockingbird one of the greatest novels of all time. Scout, Jem, Atticus, Dill, Tom, Mayella, and of course, Boo are characters that jump from the page. I don't know how many times I've read the book and seen the movie now, and I never tire of either. I've always wished that Ms. Lee had written more books, but this one puts her among the literary giants forever. I'm also proud to call her my sorority sister.


literature, Harper Lee

1 Comments:

Blogger Gannet Girl said...

TKM was the first grown-up book I ever read. I knew right away that it was about my father, my brothers, and me. We didn't live in Maycomb County, but we lived in its Ohio version. I don't know how many times I've read it, but I know that teaching it has become incredibly difficult as today's middle schoolers grow further and further away from the world of Jean Louise Finch.

April 29, 2007 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home