Thursday, May 10, 2007

The weekly weigh in, week 35

I weighed in expecting some nice numbers. I know that I shouldn't do this, but I weigh every morning. This has taught me just how much a body can change from day to day and that a longer term perspective is necessary. However, this morning, my home scales registered an even 5 pound weight loss. Tonight, when I stepped on the scales, I'd lost two pounds from last week. Maybe I shouldn't have used my weekly bonus points until after meeting tonight. That Reuben sandwich I loved for lunch didn't do me any favors. When I got home, I checked the accuracy of my home scales against the one at meeting. Mine were lighter by .6 pounds.

I lost weight though, and that's the main thing. I also got a huge ego boost at meeting tonight, a couple in fact. When weighing in, I was told how nice I looked, how great I was doing, and that I was one of their stars and a role model for others in the group. I was so flattered, but it didn't really feel possible. Other than as a mother, I just don't think of myself in role model terms, other then the generic "we're all role models because we're all observed sometime" kind of way. As I was getting my sample of (3 points for 1/8 of the pie) key lime pie, I realized that yeah, role model can fit. I've been following the program since September. That is some stick to it-iveness. I've gotten visible results, and I feel pretty confident about my ability to go all the way to my goal.

Seeing myself in a new light may be my big lesson for the week.

Weekly summary: Weekly loss -- 2 pounds. Total weight loss -- 63.4 pounds. Average weekly weight loss -- 1.81 pounds

health and wellness, diets, weight loss, Weight Watchers

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

You DO rock!

May 10, 2007 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home