Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Being a curvy girl

I'm sitting here bouncing in my seat. I'm just tickled. I'm delighted, I'm thrilled, and my happiness is not why I'm bouncing. I want to feel my breasts jiggle. I bought new bras today! It may not sound like much, but this is one of my deepest girly pleasures. Now, I'm swaying side to side, just enjoying myself so. I love having breasts, especially when they're in a new bra.

Today I decided to indulge myself in a new shirt and maybe a skirt. After going through my closet and trying on everything I owned, what fit was one pair of jeans, one pair of khakis, one pair of black pants, one denim skirt, one linen jacket, four sweaters and two dress shirts. Everything else was seriously too big and got banished from the home. I'm tired of looking like frump girl and will not be going back into those sizes. I made three huge piles, one for a local church based thrift store, one for resell at a consignment store and one for the trash bin. All of my old bras are in that pile.

I've wanted to put off buying new clothes until I had to, and after two incidents of clothing falling off in public, I decided the time was now. What has surprised me is that after years of an extremely limited shopping selection that always included a generous helping of elastic, I'm a little unsure of how things should fit. I always thought I was particular about that, but I'm not used to my body as it is yet, and I'm having to relearn as I go.

Most of the time I prefer a sales associate to greet me and then leave me alone to shop, but today I was by myself and really needed an opinion on which size was better. The sales associate, a darling girl, thrilled me by picking the smaller of two shirts as looking better. She then suggested that I'd look even better with a better bra. I just made a face and said, "I know, but I haven't fit into an off the rack bra in years." Before my weight loss, I was wearing a J cup, and I bought customized bras for around $100 a pop. They were architectural wonders that hid my resemblance to the Venus of Willendorf. As a young woman, I could have inspired Russ Meyers. As a middle aged woman, I have an aching back and permanent dents in my shoulder bones. I've been asked multiple times if I've ever thought about having them reduced, and the answer is yes. Part of the procedure though is removing and then repositioning the nipples, and that just squicks me out enough to put up with them.

The clerk suggested getting measured for a new bra. I thought we'd be wasting our time but decided I needed to know. Glory Hallelujah! I'm now a DDD! and two whole sizes smaller! (Yes, I'm bouncing in my seat again.) A few minutes later, I tried on this black satin, seamless number. My goodness, this was actually fairly sexy! It looks more like a bra than the beginning phase of construction for twin rotundas. Double oh my goodness! It's comfortable as well, and my boobs are where they belong! Triple oh my goodness! It's on a two for one sale! How very appropriate.

Through the dressing room door, I said, "This baby is not coming off. Get me every color you've got." Unfortunately, they only had one other in my size, but hey, buying two OTR bras in one day is almost miraculous for me. Also with an inspiring new profile, I just had to get four shirts. One even shows a little cleavage.

I'm sixty plus pounds smaller than I used to be. I have a new haircut. I have a very small but attractive wardrobe. I have a neck, cheekbones, delicate hands and wrists, the beginnings of a waistline, and boobs that bounce quite nicely again. You know, I'm just feeling cute, and I like it.

shopping, weight loss, bras, breasts

7 Comments:

Blogger alphawoman said...

Thank you for starting my day off with a smile! I am so happy for you.

May 09, 2007 5:00 AM  
Blogger Jul said...

I have been very under the weather for over a week and today is the day I have resigned myself to getting my house back in order. I am still not completely well and I am still very tired and I am even bordering overwhelmed.

While waiting for my first load of laundry to finish drying I decided to do some reading. The last blog I read was yours. I always save the best for last.

I am so thrilled for you! By the end of your post I was bouncing in my chair! Your joy is contagious. You have so much to be proud of. You are truly an inspiration.

May 09, 2007 8:50 AM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

B-O-S-E-G!!!!! (BIG Old Shit-Eating Grin!!!) :D

This is fantastic, Girl!

May 09, 2007 2:34 PM  
Blogger Christina K Brown said...

Whootoo!!!!!!!




go girl!!!!

go!!!

lol at the boob thingy

May 09, 2007 2:50 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

I'm definitely smiling here!

May 10, 2007 3:13 AM  
Blogger Charlene ♥ NC said...

All right!! I'm so happy for you. That clothes shopping day is one of the best perks for weight loss, hu? And especially with bras! Congratulations - I'm sure you're lookin' fine!

May 11, 2007 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand about curvy - I order all my bras from Bravissimo in England... only place I can find bras that fit my, um, curves, and make me feel sexy, too... There's nothing like feeling the fresh bounce of a new bra that actually fits. ::chuckle::

Keep up the good work, Cyn. You're dooing great!

May 11, 2007 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home