Thursday, April 19, 2007

The weekly weigh in, week 32

This is the kind of week that makes dieters crazy. I followed plan well. I carefully ate all my fruits, vegetables and dairy. I drank more than the recommended amount of water. Even with my drive through chicken dinner the other night, I was still within my daily and weekly points allowance. I even exercised every day but one. Beyond that, I could see a difference this week. I noticed it in the fit of the pants I bought in December. This week I knew that I'd gotten my rhythm fully back after the insurance interruption and felt good about my progress.

Yesterday morning my home scales confirmed that feeling and showed a loss of several pounds. Tonight when I went to weigh in for the week and attend a meeting, I'd gained 3.4 pounds! ARRRGH! It's crazy making, especially after I turned down the chance to go out for free pizza last night.

I know these things happen. I also know that I've lost enough weight now that the rate at which I'm losing will slow down. That's going to mean ups and downs on the scales. Knowing and liking it are two different things though. However, I'm not giving up because one week didn't turn out the expected way. I've come too damn far. I will not be going back, and I know that what I'm doing is working. I just have to stick to it, and well, I know it's time to up the exercise.

I'm really glad I've planned a good menu for the next few days. I can't count on the positive reinforcement of the weekly scale feedback anymore. It's not always going to be good, so I don't need to hinge too much hope on it. I recognize that each day of living more healthily counts for something in its own right. I can take my time to enjoy good food in its proper place as nutrition and sensory delight, rather than as companion, comforter, stress reliever, etc. I can really look forward to tomorrow night's shrimp stuffed artichoke, and I think my unrewarded efforts this week mean I will allow myself a glass of wine with that anticipated dinner. I'll be sure and count the points. I'm thinking a crisp white. Any suggestions?

Weekly Summary: Weekly gain -- 3.4 pounds, Total loss -- 53.4 pounds, Average weekly loss -- 1.67 pounds.

, , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Disgruntled said...

I just stumbled upon your blog, and wanted to let you know I'm quite impressed. Lots of entertaining posts you have here ...

Cheers!

Mr. Disgruntled
http://www.DisgruntledWorkforce.com/blog

April 19, 2007 10:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

My current favorite is Barnard Griffin Vineyards 2005 Fume Blanc. It's a Northwest vineyard, so I'm not sure you could find it in Tennessee...

And a glass of wine is only 2 points. If I hadn't made good use of those two little points many evenings, I probably would never have lost any weight!

April 19, 2007 11:21 PM  
Blogger don't eat alone said...

Cynthia

In my second week doing WW. I'm with you.

Peace,
Milton

April 19, 2007 11:49 PM  
Blogger Jul said...

I often prepare seafood dishes for friends and the most raved about white wine I have served to date is Estancia Chardonnay.

As for the slight weight gain according to the WW scale, I fear they may have forgotten to deduct the appropriate amount of weight for clothing, shoes and such. It should be deducted as follows:

Clothing: 15 lbs

Shoes: 11 lbs

And if you're Southern deduct an additional 11 lbs for BIG hair.

Continued success to you, Cynthia!

April 20, 2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

Wow, 53.4 lbs total, 1.67 per week...Cynthia, that is TERRIFIC! I need to lose a great deal of weight myself, and I know that I need to get into a proper mindset to do that...this helps. Thank you.

Judi

April 22, 2007 1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home