Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Perspective

Life is really all in how you see it, and today I'm a superhero. I began my day by thwarting thieves (closing a bank account that got hit with an identity theft issue that was caught early), upheld the authority of law and order (redeemed a bounced check caused by above mentioned identity theft), then I conquered the powers of darkness (paid the utility bill), and after that I beat the wolves from the door (paid the mortgage), restored easy communication to the world (paid the phone bill), and made the world safe for drivers who sing along to the oldies on the radio station, use their cell phone via a Bluetooth earpiece and eat while they're driving (paid the car insurance). Since I had to this all in cash at the necessary offices that are spread over a multi-county area, I deserve Superhero status. Especially since after that, I went to work, where I helped people have shelter. (I'm a loan officer with a mortgage company.) Then I fed the hungry (did the grocery shopping) and clothed the needy (did the womanchild's laundry). I am freaking Wonder Woman. I'm a (virtually) single mother.



7 Comments:

Blogger Jod{i} said...

:smiles:
This is great Cynthia..(Not that all that happened is wonderful, how you expressed it)!

I hope wonder woman can take a break and relax for a bit at some point...Maybe take the invisible plane(car)for a drive to sit and watch the beautiful fall weather?

Peace

September 28, 2006 9:09 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Good going, WW. I helped wih the unemployment problem today (called in a sub, took the day off).

September 28, 2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 28, 2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger silverlight said...

Yes, we all are Wonder Woman.
Nice post. Very telling and true. And funny despite the near disaster of indentity theft.
My husband once had his wallet and chechbook stolen. What a mess.

September 28, 2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Regarding your last two posts:
Just by virtue of being a single mom, you are a superhero.
Obviously, the song "All The Roadrunning" speaks to me as well. A lifetime of road running either makes us or breaks us. Sounds like you are making it just fine. There is a definite strength and sensitivity that comes across in your writing. Whether you decide on surgery, or lifestyle modification (ie,diets..ugh..) I wish you luck. But Wonder Woman already has "the power"..so you go girl !!!

September 28, 2006 9:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

How freakin' awesome are you??? :-]

September 28, 2006 10:50 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

LOL What a great way to look the life of a domestic goddess. :-)

October 01, 2006 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home