Sunday, September 24, 2006

A truly productive weekend

I've spent my weekend trying to make up a sleep deficit. Since I spent the week trying to make up a cash deficit, the need was definitely there. There's something naughtily delicious about naps, Bugs Bunny cartoons, The Three Stooges and easy reading. I wouldn't want it on a regular basis, but sometimes we just need some mental cotton candy. I've actually enjoyed having the brain in neutral. That is just stunning me. I haven't been worried that I was getting dull or being stupid. Could it actually be that I'm re-learning to relax? Truly amazing. What's also astounding is how much easier it is to clean a house without a husband in it. That used to take up almost all of my weekend, and I couldn't tell that I had cleaned by Monday afternoon. I could get used to this. Jeez, I'm even thinking about taking a tub bath. I've been a shower person for years, but the idea of a looooooong soak with some lavender in the water sounds so damn good. Where did this extra time come from? I don't know, but I'm enjoying it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Take one for me...

September 25, 2006 1:36 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

*sigh* what I wouldn't give for a nice long soak in a tub...

September 26, 2006 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home