Sunday, July 30, 2006

Finding a good thing

I love quotations and think I've finally found the one that sums up the last few years of my life.

Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm. Winston Churchill

Yeah, I'm in a bad mood tonight, but you know that enthusiasm is still there. I have logged a lot of failures in the last few years, but I've also had some successes. Each of them has required enthusiasm, the willingness to just dive in and do whatever is going on with gusto. Even when I've hated what I had to do.

So tonight, when things look ugly and feel achy and sore, I've still found a good thing. I have courage. That's enough for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robbie said...

Hey! Don't forget the enthusiasm. To me, it seems you've got that in spades. :-)

Sorry to hear life is knockin' y'ah around. I've been there. Actually, I've still got a foot there that I'm trying to shake dry.

Remember, you're the survivor!

P.S. Thanks for sharing the quote. It put a smile on my face. :-D

July 30, 2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger Globetrotter said...

It's always about the enthusiasm. When that is lost, so is hope.

I hope whatever has you down will dissipate in a spate of Cynthis'a enthusiam!

July 31, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Thank you for that quote. From now on I will be honored to call myself an enthusiastic failure! ;D

July 31, 2006 8:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

(((Cyn))) I know about failure. Don't know how enthusiastic I am about it, anymore...

August 04, 2006 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home