Thursday, June 15, 2006

The whys of early rising

The smell of coffee brewing in the kitchen, golden green sunlight filtered through oak trees splashing into my office window, a good stretch and the knowledge that I have a couple of hours just for me in the sweetest part of the day are what make early mornings worthwhile. Part of me envies people who can bound out of bed and immediately jump into their day. I have to let the motor start slowly and idle for awhile before I can get into drive, but I still enjoy it. My mornings are the time when mindfulness feels like my natural state of being and not some elusive, out there goal. The bedhead and pillow faced puffiness are irrelevant. In fact, they feel like a little luxurious freedom from the public image. My day is juiciest when I take the first bite.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robbie said...

I feel exactly the same about early rising. I'm not a morning person but I can't bound out of bed and rush-rush. I like a slow awakening. And, getting to hear the peacefulness of the still morning outside my window, and feel the cool, moist air of pre-dawn is just icing to make me want to get up before everyone else.

June 15, 2006 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I envy your celebration of morning. I can't get my right eye open all the way until my second cup of coffee.

June 15, 2006 10:11 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Great writing here.

June 17, 2006 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home