Friday, June 23, 2006

A little comparison

I found this, Can you correctly attribute the following quotes? and couldn't resist. Despite how badly my stomach has turned during Anne Coulter's latest escapades, I've resisted commenting. When I found this quiz, I was truly surprised at how few I got right. I didn't want to believe that she had gone that far.

I have a serious problem with any person who builds their entire career on being an attack dog. I can handle the thinking person who disagrees with me and can show me why they think their ideas are superior to mine. Defending one's position requires logic and actual thought about real world consequences of beliefs. Attacking other people simply to make a name's for oneself is something else. Meanness is a talent best executed by those with the maturity level and respect for others found in preteen girls. Coulter's fame tells me more about our culture than it does about conservative ideology. It seems that prettiness and nastiness combined make one as much of a leader in the world of political media as it did in middle school.

We all have at least a little meanness in us, and I'll use just a drop here. Her style may be different, but Coulter belongs in the same corner of the media with Jerry Springer. The lowest common denominator is all she knows how to use.

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Cynthia, she is just doing it for shock value in order to sell her books. I think she isn't even worth talking about. She is revolting and she is trash.

June 23, 2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

It all started with Rush Limbaugh. Meanness sells. People tuned in--right-wingers to scream "amen," and left-wingers "just to hear what he had the nerve to say." And it all went downhill from there. In the end, it's really a sad commentary on our society. If we didn't buy what they were selling, they wouldn't be selling it.

June 23, 2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

The link doesn't work :(

She is like Pat Roberston -- an ill person whom the media and the rest of us should simply ignore.

June 23, 2006 8:03 PM  
Blogger fdtate said...

I'm assuming you were trying to link to the quiz page to identify if the quote is by Ann Coulter or Adolph Hitler. If so, the correct link is...

http://www.people.virginia.edu/
~jac3he/GiveUpQuiz/hitlercoulterquiz.html

I got nine right...only because Hitler had a better vocabulary.

June 23, 2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

Your link didn't work for me. But...I don't read her, I don't listen to her, and whatever she's selling I'm not buying. So, I guess she's not all that. She preaches to the choir. How much power or opinion sway does that really have?

June 23, 2006 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home