Saturday, June 24, 2006

Argh

Regardless of my bedtime, my body seems to be set to want five hours of sleep, so last night's bedtime of ten o'clock has me wide awake at this ugly hour. I'm just hoping that this doesn't bode a day as disappointing as yesterday.

June is a busy month for my family, filled with birthdays, weddings and anniversaries, and that does make it easy to overlook another date. I just couldn't help feeling miffed though that both the husband and womanchild forgot that yesterday was my birthday. I'm past the age of wanting a celebration or presents, but you know I would like someone to be happy that I made it another year and mention it. I swore to myself that I wouldn't bring it up, but I was finally so disgustingly pouty that I couldn't resist. Of course, there's that part of me that said they deserve to know why I'm in a bad mood. I hate that this is feeding into the part of me that feels like the invisible woman unless something is going wrong, and it's up to me to fix it.

There are much worse things than being ignored on one's birthday, but I don't want to look for my gratitude right now. I don't want to try to be a better person. Just for awhile I want my family to make the effort, and I think I deserve it.


9 Comments:

Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 24, 2006 6:32 AM  
Blogger Virginia said...

Ouch!
My parents forgot my birthday one year when I was about 12 or 13.
I am more than glad to wish you a Happy Birthday!

Peace, Virginia

June 24, 2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger beths front porch said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your family is treating you like royalty! You deserve it.

June 24, 2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Oh wow, happy birthday, Cynthia! I'll have to make a note of it so *I* don't forget next year.

June 25, 2006 2:41 AM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

That means your birthday is June 23, right?

June 25, 2006 2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I am glad you made it through another year--and hope you make it through at least fifty more. Wishing you a belated but sincere Happy Birthday.

June 25, 2006 7:34 AM  
Blogger redsneakz said...

As much as I hate being reminded of my birthday, I hate even more that it be forgotten.

So, happy birthday!

June 25, 2006 7:51 AM  
Blogger Celeste said...

I did remember your birthday but the card came back. Wrong address on it. Darn it need to reset that in my address book.
So Happy Birthday.

June 26, 2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Oh, excuse me? There is absolutely no defense for your family forgetting your birthday! However long it took you to get around to mentioning it was TOO long. They should be ashamed.
That said, I am ashamed, too...because I should have remembered it was your birthday (I did a "Happy Birthday" entry for you a couple of years ago. Remember?) and made sure I sent my best wishes. My sincerest apologies for missing the day... and though I can't wish you a happy day anymore, I can wish you a wonderful, happy year of dreams come true! :-]

June 26, 2006 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home