Sunday, August 08, 2010

Too darn hot

I'm blaming it on the heat. That makes me feel more comfortable with myself. I can look at my irritability and flaming disgust with people as a side affect of what some have called the hottest summer in recorded history. I've lost track of how many days we've been under heat advisories here and of how many foul epithets I've uttered under my breath. I fear I'm beginning to resemble Kreacher in Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix, even though "mudblood" has yet to enter my repertoire of insults. It might be one of the nicer things I could say.

I'm tired of everything. I'm sick of tackiness. I'm sick of snobbery and pretension. Working in a bridal boutique, I'm exposed to a good bit of both. Though luckily, I haven't experienced too much lately, I've witnessed so much rudeness I'm just ready to start rapping knuckles with a metal ruler. I'm near the end of my tolerance of willful ignorance. No one can know everything, but there has to be some basic regard for facts instead of just opinions. Just having come through a political primary has really strained this capacity. I'm sick of unreliable people who say they'll do things and then don't. I'm so tired from this heat that I fear I'm becoming one, especially when I look at my list of things undone.

Yes, I'm blaming this all on the heat, but it's not affecting just me. It seems that everyone is just ill, and crime is up. I'm staying inside and trying to follow my mother's advice that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Know you know why this blog has sat untouched for weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Hard to sit and write anything worthwhile when your brains are being wrung out through your pores... Hope your weather gets better soon. We still haven't had much of a summer here in the Pacific Northwest...

August 09, 2010 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home